The Winter Institute for Simulation Education and Research (WISER) is a world class multidisciplinary training and research facility. WISER is an institute of the University of Pittsburgh with a mission to conduct research and training programs utilizing simulation based education to provide a safer environment for patients of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and its affiliates.
WISER Mission Statement
The Winter Institute for Simulation, Education, and Research (WISER) is dedicated to the advancement of healthcare simulation and education to improve patient safety, education, mentorship, systems design, and research to enhance the high quality delivery of healthcare.
- Enhance patient safety through state of the art educational and assessment methodologies and techniques
- Create innovative education programs for healthcare providers ranging from students through practicing professionals
- Improve the quality and efficiency of healthcare delivery through incorporation of modern educational and assessment methods through our integration with the UPMC Health System
- Research the use of healthcare simulation and other instructional and assessment methods by providing infrastructure and serving as a collaborative partner
- Contribute to the development, education and mentorship of future generations of healthcare educators and researchers interested in simulation based programs
You can contact us at 412-648-6073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are traveling to WISER we have a page with directions, places to park, and nearby hotels.