The International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare (IMSH) took place at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, California from January 18th to 22nd, 2020. This year marked the 20th anniversary for IMSH. IMSH is the world’s largest healthcare simulation meeting where professionals from around the globe travel to explore and learn about the latest innovations and best practices in healthcare simulation. This year WISER had many highlights while attending the conference.
· Dr. Paul Phrampus, Dr. Debby Farkas and John Lutz all conducted either panel discussions or presentation during the conference. This year’s attendance was the conferences largest to date!
· Dr. Phrampus along with other past SSH presidents were recognized during the Sunday opening plenary for their individual priorities that helped to craft and shape the Society as it exists today. Dr. Phrampus was the SSH president in 2013.
· John Lutz, Director of Information Technology, was recognized during the Tuesday morning plenary during the SimVentors Showcase Mobile Applications presentation. John won for The Use of Google Cloud Technology in Large Scale Assessments! Congratulations John!
· Another set of congratulations is for our Simulation Operations Specialist, Jim Lightner. Jim took his Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist (CHSOS) certification during the conference and passed his test! Obtaining a certification as a CHSOS promotes excellence and professionalism and demonstrates a commitment to the use of simulation as a tool for professional development.
· This year the WISER booth had more foot traffic and visitors than ever! Well over one hundred visitors stopped by booth 101! Those individuals that stopped had a ton of great questions about WISER, our mission, our programs and SIMS 3.0! Many of our visitors inquired about our robust list or simulation courses we have to offer: iSIM, TechSim, How to Run a Successful Simulation Center and our Visiting Scholars Programs to name a few. Visitors also learned more about SIMS 3.0!
IMSH 2020 brought together thousands of professionals who were inspired by their patients and driven by the future of what simulation has to offer for future generations. We look forward to participating in IMSH 2021 next year in New Orleans, Louisiana. Mark your calendars for January 8-13, 2021! See you there!
Booth 101 is ready for some visitors!
Jim Lightner, CHSOS John Lutz